11.14.2010

2 and 15/16ths

A music video for vintage toy loving craftsters with great taste in electronic music!  Jamie and I had a great weekend and she topped it off by showing me a fantastic song and video by USS (Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker) - easily my favourite Canadian act at the moment.  I've seen this scratch-tastic duo live a few times: at WEMF in 2008, then again a few times when I was living in Parkdale. After they won the CASBY awards, I went out and bought their album and then encountered them again at the Burlington Sound of Music Festival.  Sooooo I didn't think I could love them any more than I already did until I saw the video for 2 and 15/16ths - it appeals to every part of me: beautiful lighting and rich photographic tones, vintage toys, cute girl in kneesocks dancing around, doodles and crafts, effer- vescent trippy music ... sighs perfection!  Come craft to good music anytime Jamie!

No comments:

Post a Comment