1.02.2012

Lake Simcoe

Between Christmas and New Years I spent a magical frosty few days in our family friends' log cottage on Big Bay Point.  We've been going there for years so I've come to love the place, but this year I spent most of my time in the Scandinavian-esque loft away from my annoying little brother.  The open beam, peaked roof space has been beautifully updated with snowy white furniture that highlights the season outside and compliments the warm wood, accented by bright earth tones and matte metallics.

I've always enjoyed historical maps of places that I know and love.  Its so interesting to see the history that's shaped these landscapes.  Using the Canadian County Atlas Digital Project I found a map of Innisfil from 1880.  I rotated, sharpened and cropped the map and I'll print / mount it the way you see below.  Now I have a lovely piece of cartographic wall art that I can keep at home as a year-round reminder, or bring as a gift next time I visit the cottage!

Use this idea to print maps of the places that mean most to you :)



No comments:

Post a Comment