1.10.2012

Sliced Lamb Over Parsley

So this all began when I was in Dinh Dinh's earlier this week, poking around in the freezer and found frozen New Zealand lamb sliced in an intriguingly convenient looking way: thin strips, like bacon!  Curious, I purchased it and once home did what I always do when I'm not sure what to do with a food item .. I went a-googling.  Via this chowhound post I learned that the lamb is sliced into thin strips for hot pot, but I decided to keep it simple, drawing from a few of the other responses and making it up as I went due to limited ingredients LOL













In a bowl, mix 1 part extra virgin olive oil and 1 part apple cider vinegar with a generous handful of chopped fresh parsley.  Line a serving plate with paper towel then thickly cover with more fresh parsley.  After defrosting, briefly marinate the strips of lamb in the mixture. Sautée the strips of lamb and let them rest & serve on the plate of parsley.  For dinner I served the lamb with a side of brown rice, steamed farmers market broccoli, Tonami baba ghanoush and hard boiled local quail eggs but the leftovers also made great sandwiches for school the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment