1.21.2012

Sunny Saturday in the North End

I may spend my weekdays at school in Niagara, but I'm quite enjoying my weekends and time off in Hamilton!


Today we explored the North End .. First, lunch: classic Fish&Chips at Hutch's Harbourfront, perched in the sunny treehouse like deck above Bayfront Park.  Then, we walked down to the lake, following the Waterfront Trail, enjoying the bright late afternoon sun warming the snowy frozen water.  Wandering along Bay St N and Burlington St W we studied the charming Victorian homes for the one my great-something-grandparents had lived in as we made our way over to another Hamilton staple: Grandad's for Ghostbuster donuts!  Hamilton may take her knocks, but man, I think this city is a hidden gem .. there's just something special going on here :)


No comments:

Post a Comment